Original Stock Exchange

Original Stock Exchange

from 19.99

The original New York Stock Exchange building at 10 Broad Street. The Stock Exchange's roots can be traced back to 1792, with the signing of the Buttonwood Agreement outside of 68 Wall Street. In 1817 the organization named itself the New York Stock & Exchange Board and rented space at 40 Wall Street. In 1835 the Stock Exchange was destroyed in the Great Fire of New York (see our previous post on the fire) and relocated into a temporary space until its new headquarters (seen above) was built in 1863 at 10-12 Broad Street. By 1901 this building would be demolished to make way for the larger, George B. Post, classically designed building that is standing today.


The building seen in the foreground on the left is the Drexel Building (1873) , original home of J.P. Morgan & Co.

Size:
Quantity:
Add To Cart